Wednesday, April 28, 2010

IF "Ahead"

This is my latest illustration for Illustration Friday.  This week's word prompt is "ahead".  I was lying in bed trying to come up with an idea for this word and I was inspired by a beautiful photograph of my daughter.  In the photograph, she is standing on a rock in a river with her face painted for fun, her arms outstretched toward the sky.  I began toying with the idea along the lines of, in order to move forward in life, one must be strongly rooted in who she is today.  And then it hit me.  A saying...a quote by someone unknown to me...that says:
"What lies behind us
And what lies ahead of us
Are small matters
Compared to what lies within us."
I interpreted the photograph and this quote in this illustration of my oldest daughter Avery. 
This illustration was painted using acrylic paints.  It is 14"x17". 
I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed painting it!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

About Me

San Antonio, Texas, United States
I am a native San Antonio, Texan. I am the proud mother of two amazing daughters. I graduated from Texas State University in 1987 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Commercial Art with an emphasis on design and illustration. I worked for two years in the advertising industry and quickly realized it was not for me. I have enjoyed being a freelance illustrator and a fine artist. I have designed and illustrated children's paintings, murals, as well as commissioned pieces for clients' homes.