Thursday, April 15, 2010

It has been ages since I've been here and a lot of changes have taken place in this last year for me! I am alive and well in San Antonio, Texas...my hometown. I am a newlywed as of January 2, 2010 and loving my wonderful husband and soul mate, Duff Starrett. Life is beautiful!

I haven't illustrated...except for the little doodles I create at work on any piece of paper I can get my hands on...in almost a year. I've told myself, "you will paint again when it's the right season". Now, let's see...I am 46 years old and I have been telling myself for years now that I will eventually get to a place in my life where I won't be doing a million different things at once. Where I will be able to disappear into my studio and get lost for hours on end, while I create my next "masterpiece". Ha ha...that just has not happened, curiously enough. What if it never does?

I read a quote by the great comedic columnist, Erma Bombeck, who said: "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.' How precious is that?!

The long and the short of all of this is to say that I want my "creative season" to be now. I want to be able to stand before God someday and tell him that I used His gifts to bless others and to allow Him to work through me. Maybe I'll just post a little doodle here and there...maybe I will be inspired to illustrate something wonderfully whimsical.

So here I am again...with my little illustrations. I hope they bring a smile to your heart.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

About Me

San Antonio, Texas, United States
I am a native San Antonio, Texan. I am the proud mother of two amazing daughters. I graduated from Texas State University in 1987 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Commercial Art with an emphasis on design and illustration. I worked for two years in the advertising industry and quickly realized it was not for me. I have enjoyed being a freelance illustrator and a fine artist. I have designed and illustrated children's paintings, murals, as well as commissioned pieces for clients' homes.