Saturday, March 28, 2009

IF "Subtract"



Well, I have been a bit remiss at keeping my posts up to date. It's funny how real life tends to creep into my creative time. Ideally time would not be divided into real life and creative life...I'm still trying to find the balance therein.


The IF challenge for last week was "subtract". I had immediately felt inspired and excited about this challenge and had a fun illustration in mind to produce for this exercise. The medium I used was my old "tried and true" graphite pencil and eraser. My subject was taken from a photo of my oldest daughter at her Pre-Kindergarten graduation. The actual photo does not have her holding the tooth that she was missing so I added that to emphasize my interpretation of "subtract". The big gap in her beautiful smile minus two teeth, did not subtract from the joy she showed that day!


Have a creative and amazing day!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

About Me

San Antonio, Texas, United States
I am a native San Antonio, Texan. I am the proud mother of two amazing daughters. I graduated from Texas State University in 1987 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Commercial Art with an emphasis on design and illustration. I worked for two years in the advertising industry and quickly realized it was not for me. I have enjoyed being a freelance illustrator and a fine artist. I have designed and illustrated children's paintings, murals, as well as commissioned pieces for clients' homes.