Monday, March 2, 2009

A New Beginning!

Wow! here i go...embarking on a new venture. Life as a blogger. Yes, it's true... i am a newby to this whole blogging world, albeit an eager one!

A little bit about me...

I am a native Texan, born and raised, having lived there my entire 45 years...until now.

It was almost 25 years ago when I was embarking on my life's journey of becoming an artist, a wife, and the mother of two amazing and wonderful daughters. After thirteen years of marriage, I found myself in a terribly tumultuous divorce that left me as a skeleton of a person. My art had long gone by the wayside. Over the past nine years, since my divorce, I have grown in so many ways and yet my art has eluded me. I excused my absence from the creative process as being "too busy" or " it just isn't my season in life yet". I have worked very hard at different jobs to make life work for my daughters and myself. We have endured and survived some very rocky roads. I have a strong faith in God which has sustained me during those dark and lonely times. I am also thankful for a loving family who have been and continue to be my strength.

A few weeks ago, my family and I moved to Kansas (yes, where Dorothy and Toto, the Scarecrow...etc...). I am rediscovering my passion for creating again and now have a working (albeit a fledgling) studio from which to begin expressing myself! I decided to start this blog as a way of expressing this new "season of my life". Be a partner with me in this journey of self-expression and creativity. It's a bit scary...a lot exciting!!!

Welcome to my blog!

2 comments:

Louisiana Boy said...

I look forward to your journey and the paths it will take you down. Continue to share it with us so we can experience it with you.

dawn said...

having art back in your life must be like rediscovering that your legs can take you from point A to B!

yeah!!! for you, debbie!

xoxo
dawn

Powered By Blogger

About Me

San Antonio, Texas, United States
I am a native San Antonio, Texan. I am the proud mother of two amazing daughters. I graduated from Texas State University in 1987 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Commercial Art with an emphasis on design and illustration. I worked for two years in the advertising industry and quickly realized it was not for me. I have enjoyed being a freelance illustrator and a fine artist. I have designed and illustrated children's paintings, murals, as well as commissioned pieces for clients' homes.